Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mush


My life is full of sugary sweet. I've been baking up a storm. And have you seen my daughter lately? Sorry but I cannot resist. My heart is full.

I've just put Georgia in her crib. I'll never again complain that she just doesn't know how to sleep on her own. My heart is full.

I've walked 1,500 paces in my living room with her little head on my shoulder, singing lullabies and feeling goosebumps shiver my skin. My voice isn't good. But she makes me believe it is. My heart is full.

A tip: If you want the loveliest collection of quiet classics, I recommend Stars Sing Lullabies. Today we made it to song number ten, The Rainbow Connection, when I felt her sigh into deep sleep, the pool of warm drool sliding from my shoulder down my back.

Did I mention my heart is full?

PS: I wish I remember who bought me the CD at my baby shower. Thank you from the heart!
PPS: Mush- n. 1. informal Mawkish sentimentality, affection, or amorousness (I think I am teaching a whole new vocabulary to my Brazilian friends.)

No comments:

Post a Comment