Friday, November 13, 2009

Balancing Act


Since I moved to São Paulo I've spent most of my professional time slimming people down. And my recreational time in the kitchen fattening people up. Often times my students would suffer through a grueling set of calorie burning pliés and I'd send them home with a cupcake. And every time I think I am going to retire from teaching, I just can't do it. My students won't let me. And I ask myself is it the class or the cupcake?

So, for the moment, I am going to do a bit of both (and a few other Martha-y things). I've just baked a batch of Christmas treats (for a magazine shoot) and sent out an email promoting my baked goods and small event planning. I've already had several orders and next week I am catering a party. I need this creative outlet. We can work out together so that we can eat together: a stretch here and a sugary bite there.

And although it might seem I lack focus, I tell myself it is all about balance. For the moment, I've got it (somewhat) under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment