Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Singing in the rain (inside)




I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
--Gene Kelly

It is Spring in the Southern Hemisphere. Our October is your April (folks up there). And I am hoping the flowers are going to be pretty this year because it seems to be a consistent London drizzle or an Indian Monsoon. I have soggy shoes and rain on the brain.

Naturally when I saw the lovely raindrops on one of my favorite artist's Camilla Engman's studio wall, I had to paint my own watery plops and platters (blush for copying). But I couldn't stop at the wall--I had to do appease the appetite (after all that work on a ladder). And out of my oven burst raindrop cookies. Pleased, Georgia and I stared at the new wall (while eating the cookies) and suddenly the sun illuminated the room. I tried to explain to G that rain plus sun = rainbows. So we made rainbow cupcakes. And to complete the fairy tale, I ran to the candy store and bought her some golden coins.

I told my dear daughter, I found them at the end of the rainbow.

But we'll keep that part a secret (wink, wink).

6 comments:

  1. by the way, thanks to helo and vera for helping me with the paint job! beijos

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just remembered me another beautifull song:

    "...The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
    Are also on the faces of people passing by
    I see friends shaking hands
    Saying, "How do you do?"
    They're really saying, I...I love you
    I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,
    They'll learn much more
    Than we'll know
    And I think to myself
    What a wonderful world (w)oohoorld..."

    Viva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that song is perfect, lo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the sweetest Tammy! and Georgia is gorgeous, I can't wait to see you all at Christmas! I love your blog and all the pics! you should start thinking about it as a career! My mom said you wanted to have a look at the jewellery - it's not all there yet but it's a start i guess - www.cristianacosta.etsy.com

    xox Kika

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thank you so much kika!
    looking forward to all the gringos at the beach, too! your jewelry is gorgeous! i want it all! big hugs and kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute entry!!!!!!!!! Yummy cookies!!!! I love Heloise song!!! Perfect song!!!
    Miss and love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete