Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crush


I have a thing for eyebrows. It started before pre-school with Bert.

In college I had a crush on a boy named Vic. He had one line of a brow, too. His mother sewed patches of Bert on all of his shirt pockets. It's true. All the girls loved Vic and the boys thought him cool. He had a girlfriend with really tweezed brows. If they are still together she is probably penciling in her wispy pair. Do I sound bitter? I'm not. Have you seen my husband?

And Georgia got her Daddy's brows. Lucky girl. She'll be able to shape the loveliest set. But I don't think she'll care much about them. She's into Ernie. And his tuft of hair. To beat the chill before bed, I blow dried her fair mane. She demanded I tend to Ernie's mop, too.

Then I tucked them in for the night. Bert is alone in the toy box. And Felipe is waiting for me.

Night night.

1 comment: