Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Prose








Could my mood be lifting...the hormones in harmony? Not sure. But instead of focusing solely on food, I also noticed flowers (which means I left the house for social events):

1. Table side arrangements as pretty as Gisela at her shower, pregnant with twin boys. Georgia has spent the weekend contemplating: "Gi has belly--two baby boys. Mommy just one."

2. Flowered branches attempting to brighten a dull gray sky. I can't believe I ventured out to walk. But then again...it is as cold outside as inside.

3. House plants stealing the rare Sunday afternoon sunlight, giving us hope for warmer days ahead and a generous sliver to sit in and warm our bones. Hello Brazil? Tropical countries do get cold. I'm sleeping in long johns and dreaming of central heating in my home. The only help I've found is hot tea, blow dryers, and long rides with the heat on in the car.

3. Flowers in the bride's hair on Saturday night. Did I mention I left the house for social events. I even wore lipstick and a maternity dress.

Maternity dress? That is what happens when you to continue focus on the food. The belly grows faster second time around. For the Feijoada on Sunday: Blueberry Cheesecake Cupcakes. Cherry Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes.

Hope you had flowers in your weekend...and a good dose of sun! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment