Monday, June 21, 2010

Finally!


We have been singing and singing and finally--gray days take a break and temperatures inch upward. We refuse to take off our shades and we play.

Oh Mister Sun, Sun,
Mister Golden Sun,
Please shine down on me

Oh Mister Sun, Sun,
Mister Golden Sun,
Hiding behind a tree...

These little children
Are asking you
To please come out
So we can play with you

Weekend highlights (although we were pleased enough with the appearance of Mister Sun) include:

1. Brazil winning the second game of the world cup. This time I peeled the skin from blanched almonds during the game (seriously) but I was near the TV. I still haven't purchased a coronet at the stop lights but promised Felipe (if he bought me one) I would wear a soccer jersey and watch--provided Brazil continues the winning streak. If only there was a half time show...

2. Following Georgia up the spiral steps to the top of a mega slide: "Georgia, Mommy cannot go down this slide." To which she responded: "Mommy, you really don't need to be afraid."

3. My brave two year old is growing so fast. Everything is "Georgia do by self." But we have our relapses. After two wonderful months of sleeping through the night and summonsing me in the morning, she has a new habit. For the last seven nights straight, she comes flying into our room (usually around 3 am) with a ball that flashes disco lights, illuminating like a party. Of course, she demands a spot in our bed. And, of course, I am too tired to refuse. But with my growing belly, space is limited. And she snores like my husband. What to do?

It was a really quiet and languid weekend. It seems all we needed was some sun on our cheeks. Hope your weekend sun was chocolate-melting-warm. xo

1 comment: